Come On Rain Do Your Thing.

Monsoonal Moisture Streaming Overhead.

Click On The Maps To Enlarge Them.

SE NM Plains-

Monsoonal moisture continues streaming northward out of Mexico and into SE NM this morning.  Our best shot at getting measurable rainfall will come this afternoon into this evening. Most of us have a 30% - 40% chance of getting wet through tonight. 

Hot again this afternoon with highs ranging from 98 - 102. Thursday will be a few degrees hotter with highs ranging from 101 - 104. Friday will see afternoon highs near 101 across the local area. 

Guadalupe - Sacramento - Capitan Mtn's-

A Flash Flood Watch will be in effect for Lincoln County from noon today into this evening. Locally heavy rainfall from scattered to numerous showers and t-storms may produce flash flooding over and near the burn scar areas.

 Ruidoso has a 60% chance of seeing heavy rainfall today, and a 40% chance tonight. Cloudcroft has a 70% chance of seeing heavy rainfall today, and a 60% chance tonight.
Queen has a 40% chance of seeing rainfall today into tonight.

Valid At Noon Mon July 18, 2011.

Our chances for rainfall start to dwindle  tomorrow as the monsoonal flow gets shoved back westward, and will be centered more over central and western New Mexico.

Forecast models indicate that the center of the mid-upper level ridge of high pressure will be located over the northwest Texas and Oklahoma Panhandles by tomorrow. It is then forecast to be centered over the Midwestern Plains,and Mississippi Valley by this weekend into the first of next week.

This will pretty much shut down our flow of monsoonal moisture flow from the south into SE NM. An isolated t-storm or two will be possible over, and near the mountains during this time frame, but overall our chances for rain will dwindle significantly.


Rainfall Totals Ending At 7 AM MDT This Morning-


Otero Co NM 24-Hour Rainfall Totals As Of 7 AM This Morning.

Lincoln Co NM 24-Hour Rainfall Totals As Of 7 AM This Morning.

The Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction!

Comments

Current NWS National Watches/Warnings In Effect

Current NWS National Watches/Warnings In Effect
Click On The Map For The Latest Updates

New Mexico

Chaves County Plains & Mtn's

Eddy County

Guadalupe Mtns In Culberson County

Lea County

Lincoln County

Otero County

Current Watches In Effect

Storm Prediction Center (SPC) Day 1 Severe Weather Outlook

SPC Mesoscale Discussions

NWS Regional Radar

NWS Regional Radar

GOES-East - Sector view: Southern Rockies - Clean IR

Current US Temps

Current US Wind Chill/Heat Index Temperatures

NWS Midland Regional Forecast

NWS Midland Regional Forecast

NWS Midland Regional Forecast

NWS Albuquerque Regional Forecast

NWS Albuquerque Regional Forecast

NWS Albuquerque Regional Forecast

NWS Albuquerque Regional Forecast

NWS Albuquerque Regional Forecast

NWS Albuquerque Regional Forecast.

NWS Albuquerque Regional Forecast

NWS El Paso Regional Forecast

NWS El Paso Regional Forecast

NWS El Paso Regional Forecast

NWS El Paso Regional Forecast

NWS Lubbock Regional Forecast.

NWS Lubbock Regional Forecast

NWS Lubbock Regional Forecast

NWS Lubbock Regional Forecast

NWS Lubbock Regional Forecast

NWS Forecast High Temps Today

NWS Forecast Low Temps Tonight

24-Hour Minimum Wind Chill Forecast

NWS Albuquerque Storm Total Snowfall Forecast

NWS El Paso Total Snowfall Forecast

NWS Albuquerque Storm Total Rainfall Forecast

NWS Midland Storm Total Rainfall Forecast

NWS El Paso Storm Total Rainfall Forecast

Average Daily High/Low Temperatures

Average Daily High/Low Temperatures